1lb Juvenile Hand-Feeding Formula - Harrison's
Harrison's Juvenile Hand-Feeding Formula
A Certified Organic Complete Balanced Hand-Feeding Formula for Parrot Chicks
- For hand-feeding psittacine chicks until weaning.
- To follow the feeding of Neonate Formula for selected parrots (see below).
- For birds recovering from illness or injuries and birds losing weight during a diet conversion.
Availability: Out of Stock
- From day 1 for pionus, African greys, Amazons, cockatoos, conures and macaws.
- From day 7 for other parrots.
- From day 21 for cockatiels (see Neonate Formula prior to day 21).
Caution: The correct feeding technique must be used in order to prevent injury to the bird or inhalation of the formula that could result in pneumonia and death.
- Step 1: Gently feel the crop to determine that it is almost empty before feeding.
- Step 2: Mix fresh: 1 part dry formula to 1-3 parts bottled ?drinking water? heated to approximately 103°F (39°C). Do not microwave. Adjust consistency if necessary.
- Step 3: Feeding with an irrigation syringe is probably the most universally successful technique.
- Step 4: Feed the bird until the crop is full but not overstuffed and clean the excess formula from the bird?s beak, feathers and enclosure.
- Step 5: Small species older than 21 days and large species older than 7 days should be fed Juvenile Hand-feeding Formula.?
Qty in Stock: -1
©Copyright My Bird Store. All Rights Reserved.